Faculty Research Center Values and Guiding Principles
- We believe that scholarship activities form the central professional responsibility that distinguishes university faculty from other professionals.
- We value the importance of faculty self-efficacy and motivation to be active and self-directed researchers.
- We believe that faculty research productivity is developmental and dynamic with faculty members continually constructing their knowledge and skills in scholarship
throughout their careers.
- We value both independent and collaborative research.
- We believe it is valuable for faculty to involve students in their research activities and when students are ready, apprentice them to conduct more independent research.
- We believe it is important for faculty research to be evidence-based, using the best practices endorsed by their professional disciplines.
- We believe that faculty commitments to goal-focused research agendas can lead to important contributions to their professional disciplines and the college.
- We believe that using scholarship information from one's professional discipline can enhance teaching effectiveness.